A Pre-Assessment Nurse will call you prior to your surgery to review your health history. Reviewing your health history before the day of your procedure will reduce the chance of your procedure cancelling due to unforeseen risks.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent your procedure from being canceled or delayed.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, medication list including herbal and over-the-counter medications with dosages.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or if you use sign language, an interpreter will be provided.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.